Sunday, November 21, 2021

Welcome To the Pity Party


It has been 12 weeks since I heard that pop which signified the dislocation of my shoulder and tearing of my labrum. Since then I have gone through a range of emotions but one thing has remained constant. As time has progressed, my pain has gotten worse and the list of things I can no longer do has grown. First it was exercises I couldn’t do. Then it was things I couldn’t wear and now it has evolved to basic functions I can’t perform.

This past week, I progressed to the point that I can no longer dress myself. Talk about humiliating. I am a 45 year old who can no longer dress myself. I am very lucky because I have a husband who is happy to help me but what would I do if I didn’t?  While I recognize how luck I am I also can’t help but be sad about it.  I know that once I am fixed up I will get better and be able to do those things again but in the moment I just can’t force myself to think that way. 

So, welcome to the pity party. I’ll probably be partying for another 3 weeks. At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now but that is small comfort as my cannot do list continues to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Leavers

 I love to read diverse books. It gives me the opportunity to learn about another culture or another way of life. I get a chance to look thr...