Saturday, December 19, 2020

Pandemic Winter

 As 2020 finally begins to wind down, we are entering the worst season of the year for me.  I am not a fan of winter. I never have been. I hate the snow, the cold, the constantly cloudy skies, the early darkness.  I find no joy in it whatsoever. As we enter into pandemic winter with mandates still in effect I know that this will be a hard winter for me. 

We’ve all been social distancing, quarantining at times and generally not being able to do all we would like to do. Being stuck in my house all the time, even though I love my house and the people in it, has been very trying. I am not a social person by any means but SOME social contact with others is necessary, even for me. After being home for almost 6 months straight, my sanity saver was going to work. I love my job. I love being surrounded by books and interacting with students. It has been what has gotten me through the past 4 months. 


The past couple of weeks though with our school being fully remote and only about 10% of the normal population of the building being in the building, even being at work hasn’t brought me as much joy. I know this winter is going to be tough for all of us. So, yesterday I made the friend pictured. I hope it brings a little bit of joy to all who see it this winter. I know it did for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Leavers

 I love to read diverse books. It gives me the opportunity to learn about another culture or another way of life. I get a chance to look thr...